Artist Ellie Contreras
Since graduating with a Bachelor of Arts in graphic design and illustration in 2001 I have worked as a free-lance graphic designer and illustrator while also taking on portrait commissions and developing my painting tecnique. I also create linocut prints from my illustrations.
A figurative artist particularly drawn to painting strong females. I paint in oil onto canvas in an expressive, contemporary style which achieves a balance between realism and abstraction to create a visual harmony of colour, composition and subject matter. I am really fascinated by colour and pay close attention to creating colour schemes and reflecting the rich tapestry that makes up human skin.
I work from a home studio a short train ride away from London, which I visit very regularly for inspiration and to see exhibitions.
Limited edition Giclee prints now available
In my online shop you will find limited edition fine quality gilcee fine art prints for some of my paintings along with hand printed linocut prints.
Qualifications & Training
- Advanced GNVQ art & design
- BA (hons) Graphic design & Illustration 2:1 De Montfort university
- Intensive Figurative painting workshop with artist James Bland at the Art Academy London
Contemporary art fair Newbury – 10th May – 11th May 2019
- Guildford House Gallery – group exhibition May 2018
- Farnham Art society summer exhibition June 2018
- Epsom & Ewell Contemporary art exhibition July 2018
- Guildford House Gallery – group exhibition 13th October – 3rd November 2018
- Oko:Art Autumn Exhibition 8th November – 18th November 2018
- The Pavillion Guildford Cricket club – group exhibition March 2019